Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Chaos is okay...for a while...

I'm looking around at my apartment and wondering how the hell it got into such a mess...only I know why. When I write...or try to...I lose focus on simple things like vacuuming and dusting and sorting out paperwork and making sense of my disorder. And then I get to where I need time from the project I'm working on and realize I'm surrounded by chaos. Books on their sides. Dust everywhere. Crap lying all over. You'd think I came down off a three-week drunk.

This came about because I need some space from CK to get my head straight about the story, again. I'm still having ideas on how to make it work better, but I started writing them into the hard copy and found myself hating what I'd written. Meaning I'm too close. Better to let it sit.

Didn't help that today we had new computers installed at work with Windows 8. I now officially cannot find ANYthing. Supposedly all the files I worked on last week are there. Somewhere. But I'm gonna need a map. Of course, we're handling a small bookfair in Melbourne and today's the day of picking up the clients and shipping them out, and I had no access to the server or files, or even e-mail, except on my phone. That's not easy to deal with. I did a lot of typing and faxing.

I think I'll let CK sit till Saturday. I don't know.

Screw it, let's have more of Darcy Oake.

No comments: