Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, June 13, 2022

Serendipity comes...

I think I know where the story is heading. All of it is like background leading up to Leonides building an empire of shipping, manufacturing, financial services and security...and maybe the start of a graphic novel. He and his minions, who will number twelve by this point, are renown for providing protection to anyone that needs it...if that person or group meets their standards.

For example, they would do nothing to keep Putin safe, for damned sure. Same for Orbán (of Hungary) Erdoğan (of Turkey), Bolsonaro (of Brazil), or the leaders of China, North Korea and a number of African states. They maintain a certain level of right and wrong in their dealings.

Looks like Leon's sister, Gabrielle, will need his company's help in saving her mate, Tristan (also a Blood Angel), from destruction by another vampire. Not sure what it's all about yet, or if it's even a trap. Maybe it's just a business deal going wrong. But it gives me something to lead towards.

I'm not making my good vampires sweet and cuddly, nor will they drink fake blood. When unleashed, they are as cruel and brutal as the worst of mankind. But like cats, they cover their doings. In fact, I may have one branch of Leon's business be fertilizer. Excellent cover for the dead and helps with the feeding of the world, with no critters popping up, by accident.

And it's definitely going to be totally male-centric, except for the section regarding Gabrielle in New Orleans; there'll be some MF in that. I'm at the point where Leon is going to take Franz, and I won't know how that will turn out until I write it. But even thought the lad is unconscious, he's already causing a rift between my BA and his main vamp, Geoffrey, who also wants Franz. After all, he saw him first and kept him alive during the battle at Mars-le-Tour.

Sometimes un-life is so unfair...

No comments: