Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Marathon man...

Did a marathon of the last four chapters of APoS-New World For Old, even though I feel like shit. That may have helped in working on Brendan's punk rock phase; he doesn't give a damn, anymore, and my attitude was...Why not just let him roll with it? It needs another draft, without question but it's close to being set in its size. 530 pages, 119,000 words.

I found I had shrugged off an important death in the latter part of the story, so set that up better...and could still do more with it, on the next draft. My one and only fear about that moment is it's too obvious this is going to happen. That may not be a bad thing, but still...I'm not a fan of predictability.

I've been fighting a sinus infection all day. Initially, I worried it might be Covid but another test today was negative. And it's mainly my sinuses aching and me shivering like I have an infection. So I used Vicks Vapo Rub on my neck and chest, and up inside my nostrils, and set a pot on the stove with eucalyptus water in it to permeate through the apartment. I feel better, if not tip-top.

I slept until noon so missed a call from my brother, Kelly. He needs a notarized letter stating I've been supporting him for some years and for how much, each month. I can do that at the bank. Hopefully, my check for this month's work will come in the mail.

I'm also getting a folding dolly (from Amazon, I know, I know, but I couldn't find another one that would work) so I want to see if I can take that as carryon luggage. Means a trip to the airport and checking with Delta. This job in NYC is only a day's worth of packing, but it's getting the materials I use into the office without making three trips. That's why I want the portable dolly.

It also means I don't need to take much in the way of clothing, so I'm just using my backpack for the minimal stuff. Travel as light as possible...

No comments: