Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Covid, here...

After a rough night of coughing and aching, I took another Covid test, Monday morning...and it was positive. Took another an hour later, even more positive. Between Saturday afternoon and Sunday night, the damned disease caught me. I'm not flat on my back, like some people. Seems I have a mild case, but it's still taking its toll. Couldn't focus at all, yesterday. Barely managed to postpone my job in NYC and contacted my Doctor's office to speak with him. Guess who wasn't in, yesterday.

TBH, this really just feels like a case of bronchitis, which I've had before. I don't have it bad enough to require the anti-viral regime people like my sister have gone through. Just rest, isolation (no problem there), plenty of fluids and use Zyrtec to handle the sinuses and cough drops for the throat.

Unfortunately, I'd forgotten cough drops have a negative effect on me, especially the sugarless ones. Besides, gargling with salt water does a better job. Lots of tea. Lots of DPZ, which actually handles the tickle in my throat well. And Tylenol. I'm doing well-enough...but I'd much rather not have had this.

I know where I got it, from a woman at the office. She had Covid recently and came beck before I though she would. I walked into the office to drop off paperwork and there she was, and I wasn't masked. That was on Monday...or was it Tuesday, last week? Don't remember. Head is fuzzy. But within a day I was feeling out of sorts. I'm 5x-vaxxed so that is probably why I'm not in the hospital. Ugh, the one time I don't wear a mask.

Anyway, all travel is off for two weeks. If I can kick myself hard enough, tomorrow, I'll start in on the step outline of the book, chapter by chapter. Get that done. Send out more agent queries. Use the now-free time as productively as possible for APoS. I've spent too much time futzing around with it to kick back, now.

No comments: