Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, May 12, 2023

Finally...


Okay, The Lyons' Den is done, in paperback, and should soon be available through Amazon, B&N and BAM! The second proof came via a link in an email, today, and everything looked great in the text but the cover was still problematic. I'd look at where their crop marks were on the pdf of the full cover and it should have been fine, but looking at their sample of how the front cover would crop showed they were trimming it more narrowly than I'd thought.

I expanded the image to where it almost bleeds off the edges, and i will never do this semi-bleed, again. That was better, so I uploaded it, again. And when it came back in proof (very quickly, I might add) that took care of the issue. Of course, I'd also used the redo to neaten up the front guy's tit and remove some awkward pasting I'd done at his shoulder and his waist, since it had become more obvious, so I'm happy.

Next on the agenda is finding out more about how Ingram handles their ebooks. I set it up with them for that, as well, while still keeping the Smashwords ebook. Might be a bit of overkill, but we'll see.

Shifting Carli's Kills to KDP has done nothing for it and is, in fact, hurting sales. I may shift it back to Ingram. It's already set up, I think, so all I may need to do is give them the okay.

I've settled on The Prussian as the subheading for this section of Blood Angel, and right now it's up to over 13,400 words.

No comments: