Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, May 5, 2023

Snap, snarl, yap, yrrr...

In one of my dissatisfied moods, today, to where I can't seem to get anything done. Actually started yesterday, when family crap and work stuff piled on at the same time. I felt more than a little overwhelmed, and then got dragged into work today and Monday to handle shit that I thought had been handled, already.

So last night I ate too damn much and felt like a bloated pig, then today after I finished at the office I couldn't figure out what to do with myself so drove in a circle through parts of Buffalo I'd never been to before until I could focus and move along. I'm still unfocused but not as badly.

At the office, it was checking paperwork from dealers, for Firsts London Book Fair, and then beginning the process of applying for export licenses for the ones that will need it...before learning one dealer who'd taken me three hours to get into order for the application would have more books to add to it, next week. And he has to have a license because he already has 25 books going to the fair that are way over the threshold for books in the UK -- over 50 years of age and valued at above 65,000GBP. Hell, one's worth over 1,955,900GBP.

So I crashed into a mood where nothing could make me happy. Wandered around a grocery store to get milk and wound up with more crap than I needed. Made a turkey club sandwich on toast with tomato, cucumber, cheese, avocado and mayo, and it was okay but not perfect. Now I'm at the laptop just fucking around.

Don't ever suggest I'm a stable genius, unless shifting sand is considered steady.

No comments: