Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, May 1, 2023

Branching out...

I uploaded The Lyons Den's text and cover to Ingram Spark, and also converted the ebook doc into epub and uploaded that, too. Now it's going through the review process to see if everything's really in order, which will take a couple days. After that, comes a proof for me to review and make sure everything is cool, and then if that's good it will be ready to promote.

I will say, the crap I went through dealing with this simple little reformatting and cover update has cleared my head of everything regarding A Place of Safety. I'm at the office for the next two days, which also gives Ingram time to peruse the piece and decide if it works, so I'm plunging back into APoS on Thursday or Friday.

One good thing about the chaos that encompasses LD's story is it gives me license to consider making some of Brendan's story like that. And letting him tell his story in any way he wants. If it jumps around, it jumps around. If he contradicts himself, he contradicts himself. He's a human being forming into a young man, and expecting him to be consistent is nonsensical.

Something that gives me hope this time will have it come together, complete, is the rebirth of a plant on a table near my living room window. I was given a pot of shamrocks back before St. Patrick's, and they were lovely. Thick and buoyant with little white flowers. And they kept on blooming until just over three weeks ago, when they suddenly collapsed. I cut the dead stems off and left the pot where it is, hoping they would grow back...but they didn't and they didn't and I was close to thinking they wouldn't...until this morning. I saw one had all but leapt from the pot's soil.

It made me so happy. Patience paid off.

No comments: