Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Couldn't sleep, last night

And I can barely stay awake. But I got caught up in the critique of Daniel's face and it messed with my sleep cycle. I wound up reading more of The Secret History of the IRA to shift my mind off it. Which worked, finally.

I spent today trying to rectify the issue. Don't know if I did, but I'm at the point of It's as good as I can make it, now. I'm letting it sit overnight and, when I get done with the job, tomorrow, I'll make a couple more changes I thought of and upload it to Ingram. No telling how long it will take to get released, and I can't really promote it till then, but that will end this chapter of the book.

I made some money on the first and second drafts of The Lyons' Den. Not huge amounts, but enough to make me happy. I just want to do right by the book and give it a bit more life in the system, like I did with the others whose covers I updated...tho' on those I didn't feel the need to reformat the text. Anyway, it's done.

Something else that took up a fair portion of the day was this -- plotting out how to fill a 40 foot ocean container with 1200-1300 boxes of books going overseas, and keep them protected. Caladex was talking with a client at the New York Antiquarian Book Fair and we're meeting with a company that loads ocean containers,. We just needed an idea as to whether or not all would fit into one. They will, with a little room to spare.

Now I think I'll hit the sack early. Maybe read a little...but I doubt I'll be at it long.

No comments: