Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Rough day...

I've been having a sharp pain in the middle right part of my back and this morning it made itself really known. I thought it was a rib disconnected or cracked, so I called my doctor and his nurse practitioner agreed to see me. Did some x-rays. Felt around. Decided it was muscle spasms because I'm apparently pretty tight, back there. I'm getting a regime of stretches and told to use a heating pad and Advil. Oh...and I'm developing arthritis in my back, which may have been adding to it. Lovely.

So today I was way off beam. Cranky. Mopey. Angry. Sorry for myself. Sick to my stomach because I forgot celery doesn't agree with me and ate some with peanut butter on it. Good thing I live alone. I rather stink at the moment. Times like this I wish I had a tub instead of just a shower.

Also, a job I was hoping for in Italy fell apart. Unless the group that's buying the materials is willing to fork out $20-25,000 to have me sort through boxes of paperwork, take photos of everything needing an export license, complete the application and repack everything so it's viable for transport. Can't see that happening, but that's what it will take. Minimum. The person facilitating the sale isn't willing to do any of it, and our Italian agent can't because they won't know what to look for.

I've never been to Italy. It hasn't been high on my list of places to visit, but if I ever do get sent there I'll gladly go. Bologna. Turin. Rome, if only to see the Tivoli Fountain, Coliseum, and the artwork in the Vatican. But going during the height of the tourist season? Ugh, not interested.

I'll get back to work on APoS, tomorrow. 

No comments: