Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Zoning...

Due to sleeping poorly, last night. My toilet was acting up and whenever I got up to pee, I had to put my hand in the reservoir basin to stop it from running. Now I'm barely awake. It appears building maintenance fixed it, again, while I was gone. So far, it's been fine, but I'm already ready for bed.

Worked in the office for six hours going over paperwork and plotting out the rest of the week. Got a few groceries on the way home and made potato salad then worked a bit on APoS.

Brendan is reading Mairead's letters from Toronto and is piecing together how he came into America. He also learns the family has had many visitors from Ireland, but Uncle Sean is being cagey about it. Indications are they're from organizations other than NORAID.

But I have to stop because I'll be typing along and suddenly just zone out. Sit here and close my eyes and rest until my head sort of topples over. It'll be an early night.

At least Brendan's learned that...while his brother, Eamonn, was arrested, tried and convicted of smuggling under the Special Powers Act, it had nothing to do with the bombing. He also knows Colm and Danny were not detained. He's not sure how he feels about them since they are directly linked the the bombing that nearly killed him...but that will be determined seven years from now, when he returns.

No comments: