Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Settled...

Here's is the cover art for the reformatted LD. Dan Skinner pulled it together from my request and it really works well. All I had to have added was the scarf around the background guy's neck. I narrowed the fore-guy's face a little and shifted the jeans to look more like a shower curtain wrapped around him, and added a bit of a smile to the background guy. Added in the title and my name and it's set as the avatar.

I've uploaded it to Smashwords for the ebook, but it takes them a couple days to review it before it's updated on their system. I'm working on the paperback cover this weekend and uploading that on Monday. I may also set it up in ebook with them. They may reach markets I don't know about. Same for Kobo and B&N. I used to think Smashwords covered everything except Amazon, but seems I was overly optimistic.

Now that I'm done with LD's reformatting, I can see way too much of myself in Daniel's character, and it's knocked me a bit off-balance. I mean, everybody who knows I write knows I talk to my characters. Hell, I've been obvious enough about it on this blog. But other aspects of my life, when younger, worked themselves into the background in ways I'd forgotten. Things I'd moved on from, I thought. Seems they were just lying dormant, waiting to come strutting back into my psyche.

I'm not as close to mental collapse as Daniel is in this book, but half the reason for that is because I don't get near to people, anymore. I'll be polite when I must. Deal with people at the office when they need me. Chat with dealers and clients as warranted. But I have not built any friendships since leaving LA nearly 15 years ago. I keep to myself, not even leaving my apartment for days at a time, and do my venting against MAGAts on Twitter and Instagram. Even on those, I don't follow just anybody and immediately block those who are too far gone into worship of a proven thief.

Seems I am the Hermit, in LD...because I do like chipmunks and will take them peanuts.

No comments: