Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Okay, next phase...

The text part of LD is set in PDF and ready to upload once I have the cover worked out. It's 192 pages, 175 as story and the rest is stuff like title page and Author and Other Books. It looks cleaner and crisper. Whether or not it makes sense is anyone's guess.

I did something I swore I'd never do -- edited it a bit for clarity. I noticed a couple of confusing moments and simplified them so they're easier to read. TBH, most of the book comes across as trying to be like a movie, with so much happening at one time you have to scramble to keep up with the visuals. Maybe that's a mistake; I dunno. The book is the book, and I don't know if I could work it back into screenplay format. A lot of it is too internal. Maybe Steven Soderberg could...

So now comes the cover, and I'm not getting anything back from my photographer guy. He's too busy working out and chasing a new lad he likes. So I'll be digging through Shutterstock to see what I can find. I pictured Zachary Quinto as Daniel when I was doing this, initially, and Derrick Davenport as Ace. If I can find a couple guys' head and shoulders shots that fit close to them, I think I know what I want for the cover.

But I'll need to buy licenses for them, which I guess will be cheaper than dealing with the photographer.

Wow, just had a weird sense of deja vu wash over me, when I wrote that line. Like I'd been sitting at this desk and typing something similar, before. I'm getting loopy in my old age.

No comments: