Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Inching along...

I still don't know how to resolve this friggin' book. It's winding its way towards the end, like a lazy child walking home from a friend's house or something, and I'm finally at the point where Jake reveals all. He and I know the who, what, where, why, when, and how...but I can't figure out how to get it told in less than 47 pages. Agatha Christie, at her most Poirot-ish, was never that bad. I don't know. It's just...I know I won't have it done before I go back to work. Irritating...

What's even more fun is, for the next couple of weeks, I'll be traveling, looks like. Driving to Philadelphia and New Haven, next week. Then flying to Charlotte, NC, the following week, and driving a van one-way back to Buffalo by way of NYC and area. A couple years ago we'd talked about getting a mini-van for me to drive all over the NE corridor...and it looks like that might have been a good idea.

On top of this, I'm trying to do some animation for a job that may bring in some money. So I'm having less than happy scheduling conflicts.

Of course, it all may be moot. Obama's stupidly determined to help overthrow yet another Islamic government -- Syria's. Will that make 4 or 5 that the US has either kicked out, by herself, or with the help of others? Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya...does Iran count, thanks to the 1953 CIA-backed coup that installed the Shah?

What I want to know is, why are chemical weapons so much more hideous than bombs and bullets? All of them shred people's lives and cause untold suffering. Why is it worse to be gassed to death than it is to have a building bombed to rubble over you and be crushed to death or die in the ensuing fire? Which begs another question -- why is it the US always finds money for more bombs and bullets, but always whines about finding money for bread and butter? Why are we using our resources to destroy other nations' infrastructure while saying we don't have the resources to rebuild our own? It's sickening.

Damn, just thought of something I need to know before I do the finale and coda.

And just as it's the end of the world.

No comments: