Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, August 19, 2013

My first award for screenwriting...

From the Houston International Film Festival, now known as Worldfest Houston. Though to be honest, it's really my second; my first was receiving the Gold Award for Screenplay Adaptation, which this supplanted. It was for my romantic-comedy-western, The King of the Cowboys.

Of course, in typical Hollywood fashion, within 10 days of receiving the award I got a letter from Roy Rogers' estate informing me that the King of the Cowboys was a registered trademark of his and if I didn't change the title, they'd sue my ass. I checked with an attorney, because I knew titles couldn't be copyrighted, but trademark law is totally different...so the script is now known as The Cowboy King of Texas.

Dammit.

No comments: