Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

90,524

That's how many words I have, and I honestly think I only have 2 chapters left to write...maybe 3. I'm at 411 pages, too. Of course, I've still got the big reveal...which has worked itself out...to an extent. We'll see how well it goes. But Jake's ready to go for it.

What's interesting about following him through this story is how he's willing to make mistakes, and he makes a few. But it slowly, slowly is working its way down to where he's sorting it out and doing it right. I think. God, I hope.

It's going to be a very complex story, as usual for me. I've found I like having natural rhythms in my writing, where people talk and information comes out in bits and pieces. I hope this works for a mystery. But reality is, I doubt once this draft's done, unless there's a serious screw-up someplace, I'm not changing much of it. Some clarification here and smoothing over there. Dispensing with some repetition I know is in there. So it'll have to do.

Last night, I didn't get to sleep till nearly four, and slept till 10:30. I don't know what's going on, but I'm not sleepy during the day. It's weird.Maybe I've finally caught up on my rest. Or it could be I stopped taking Zyrtek...and am beginning to feel the irritation of allergies, again, so that just changed. My left eye started driving me nuts, and my nose has just begun sensing the mold and crap in the air, again.


Hope this changes soon. I'm driving to Philadelphia on Tuesday morning and then up to New Haven. Can't be sleepy on the road.

Travelin' man strikes again.


No comments: