Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

It was an experience...

The Indie Gathering is done, and dozens of awards were handed out at the final ceremony. I made myself stay, telling myself it was a show of support, when all I wanted to do was head home. I've gotten to where I hate being in crowds, and during most of the festival, I kept to myself. The few people I did talk to, we kept it on a very surface level.

The actor I connected with, from LA, Patrick Hampton, won a couple for his scripts. He's a very motivated young man. If I'd had a third of his energy and push and positive attitude, I'd be like Steven Spielberg. We swapped scripts and I'll read his, tomorrow.

The actor from NYC, Saba, also got a couple of awards, but I didn't get a photo of him. He's a networker, times ten, and very sure of himself.

A lot of the support of this festival was aimed at Ohio filmmakers, of which there seem to be a lot. What's funny is how few of them bothered to show up to accept awards for their projects. Made me glad I stayed.

Congratulations to Patrick and Saba, and all the other winners.

Accepting my award wasn't painful. It now can go next to the first one I got, from The Houston International Film Festival...way back in 1990. I've had that one so long, it needs to be re-gilded. I should put up a photo.

12 of my scripts have now officially either won, almost won, or placed well in competitions 33 times.

I know that should mean something, but it was a tiresome drive and I just want to shower and hit the sack.


2 comments:

MAC said...

CONGRATS my friend!!! XOXO

JamTheCat said...

Thanks, Mac! Patrick's a lot cuter in person than in that photo...as were a couple of actors there...which made it fun...hee-hee...