Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Already got notes...

The good thing about having a hard copy of your story is how easy it is to make notes for later. Just flip to the page and voila -- Note Done. Trying to do that on a computer before you've formatted a link to each chapter is damn near maddening.

I had dinner and a beer with some good friends at my favorite Indian Restaurant -- India's Grill. Their curry sauce is to die for. I found a place almost as good in Buffalo, but every time I'm in LA, I go here to have at least one meal. Means Subway for a few days or buying luncheon meat to nibble on, since I'm broke, but it's worth it.

I had a weird Hollywood experience driving home, this evening. A song I used for an intense moment in one of my script played on the radio...and I was getting onto the 405...which is where the song takes place in the script. It's as a kidnapped man is being driven to what he believes will be his death. I thought it was a Coldplay song, but it's Radiohead. "There There." Typical of my memory.

Oh, well...with age comes experience and the forgetfulness you need to not remember how you got that experience.

No comments: