Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Psycho Kyle, Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Well...looks like it's closing in on padded room time. I got caught talking to one of my characters, today, by someone who doesn't know or understand me. I probably spooked him, but it's his own damn fault for not making his presence known...the little sneak.

I was working something out with Jake when it happened. He's suggesting I change the identity of the killer, again, and I don't really like it. But another red pen note went into my copy of the book for consideration. If I lose this thing, there will be serious mayhem in my brain.

I can understand his point; doing this simplifies the revelation and aftermath. I think it's too obvious, but I'll give it time to digest. That usually works best with me.

Didn't help that today was spent at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates with a view to kill for. Of course, it's the perfect location for a restaurant that charges more for a meal than I'd spend on food in a week.

It's while I was seated on this patio, thinking, that I got snuck up on and outed as the next great schizophrenic. I laughed it off by saying, "You should hear what the other voices in my head say." But I don't think it worked. I am now officially a psycho.

Not that I care; it's the Daniel in me...hee, hee...

No comments: