Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Imaging myself...

This is how I think I look when I'm writing -- intense, focused, buff and beautiful.

This is how I really look, I'm sure -- hunched over my laptop, horrified at what I'm reading and wondering, "Did I really write that crap?"

Because I'm still finding aspects of OT that need delving into and inconsistencies which have to be addressed. Like the timeframe for the last time Jake saw his mother -- I had it down as being 10 years then added a bit, in an earlier rewrite, where she took care of her mother's (his grandmother's) funeral in a cold and casual manner. But that was only about two years earlier, so one aspect of the story fell apart, as regards estrangement...because the funeral stays.

Oh, well...that's why I rewrite my rewritten rewrites that have been rewritten.

No comments: