Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I dig the hole, I fill the hole...

This is the world of a writer. You work out the frame of the area you want to fill, slop concrete into it till it's full, then smooth it down and keep smoothing until it's nice and neat and solid. This guy is doing the last bit of polishing before the curing process begins.

Looks like this is the floor of a building, and that may be even more appropriate to how things go. Foundation is done; now comes the building of the building. I've spent the last two days, when not at the day job or dealing with online stuff, going through my notes, filling in the spots of the story that need it and noting other places that could use some more explanation, not to mention making sure consistency is maintained, and getting it ready to start inputting this latest draft.

I'm at the stage where the cement is flat and settling in, ready to begin the final stages of preparedness. I'll probably need to do another polish on this draft before I'm ready to beg for responses from readers, just something to see if it makes sense to me, right now, and correct for as many typos and missing or wrongly used words as possible.

And if anybody cuts their initials into my nice clean floor, I'll kill 'em.

No comments: