Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Another rewrite down...

...And only 47 more to go. Jeeps. I printed it up and my book is now 5.5 lbs of anything but light reading (punning here; I hope it's not too heavy a read...pun intended, again). 515 pages. I'd break my back just carting it around. But now I can get back to wondering what the hell I'm doing here instead of just trying to finish something I've lost control of.

Tomorrow I head for LA...and today I got my schedule...and I'm in use every day except the 30th and 31st. Labor Day Saturday and Sunday. This is going to be interesting. Good thing is, I've got my evenings free to either meet with friends for dinner or just collapse in a heap. I'll need a vacation from my vacation.

Fortunately, I don't leave for the airport till 2:30 -- I'm cabbing it -- so I can pack in the morning. At least I got my laundry done. Hmm...I may need do jaunt down to my sister's just to use the washing machine. Like a college kid. Well, an uncle of mine always said I'd never be anything more than a student.

And I'm damn proud that he was right, because that's what helps my writing.

No comments: