Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Time to dive in...

Even though I can't swim.

I finally got the reveal section down to where it's working, so now I can go through my notes and make sure I have everything in this draft to advance it...and then I will be almost ready for feedback. I've already got one victim -- uh, volunteer lined up to read the story and tell me what they think. Any other takers?

And I do mean I want serious critiques. What works. What doesn't. Where I gloss over things. When something doesn't make any sense. Which parts are slow and which go too fast. A full-scale model of all opinions, because I want this book to be as close to perfect as possible.

Meaning also point out typos and missing words; I'm bad about those.

BTW, this is Tom Daley doing his gold medal work. He's a cute little munchkin, and is almost as beautiful as Greg Louganis when he dives. I only say almost because Greg was so physical and soulful. Tom's still a boy.

And now, off to finish cleaning my fridge.

No comments: