Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, November 5, 2018

Slowed down...

Busy day prepping for Boston Book Fair and Toronto and beginning of China in Print, not to mention a couple of last-minute shipping jobs, so not much writing done. Just 750 words. Doesn't help that I don't feel good...and I can't figure out if it's something I ate or just a flareup of trouble I've had off and on since I got a nasty case of e-coli when driving through New Mexico. Old age sucks.

Tomorrow's election day and I'm voting straight Blue, and hope it will actually make a difference, this time.

I know what he's saying and understand it, but still you can't do nothing. So I've sent hand-written letters to people asking them to vote. And screamed about it on Twitter and Facebook. My hope is Congress is taken back by the Democrats, but too many of them seem too willing to let victory slip through their fingers rather than actually stand for something. The few that are seem caught in states or districts where they're fighting an uphill battle against truly vile incumbents. So I'll vote and hope...and try to keep my expectations low...

God DAMN Republicans.

No comments: