Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Yesterday was not a good day...

Well...on top of everything else that happened on Friday, my flight was delayed an hour. I didn't get back to Buffalo till nearly 1am. Then I did something I don't usually do...at least, haven't since I worked at Book Soup. Back then I'd get off at midnight and walk down La Cienega to my apartment near Wilshire so would occasionally stop at Norm's and have an early morning breakfast of eggs, hash-browns, bacon and toast with hot tea. Theirs were perfection.

The only place open 24 hours in Buffalo, it seems, is Dennys...and they aren't up to Norm's. Not in the slightest. It was okay, and I'm sure I had too high of expectations, but still...how hard is it to deliver eggs hot instead of warm? And give you a pot of hot water for tea instead of having to take your cup away to pour more water into it?

Of course it didn't help that I was in a foul mood, so I got home and settled down by 3:30 and slept almost till noon. And worked some on DW but not as much as intended. I'm going through UG to clean it up one last time, then I'm prepping it in e-book for Smashwords and Kindle...and maybe Kobo, since they now had an adult line they offer. I'll set up the paperback for December, sometime.

The story works well...but I'm still finding typos to correct...and I'm cutting back on my use of commas. I am very antiquated when it comes to those. I'm also thinking of going into A65 and removing them, there...but that would be a bit much. I wrote it like it needed and my old-style grammar was right for it when I did it.

I'm going to use Thanksgiving to slam through DW. It won't be a coherent story when I'm done but it will have the basics, and I do prefer rewriting to writing. Much easier and creative, to my mind.

At least...what mind I have left...

No comments: