Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, November 30, 2018

China in Print Fair

Move-in is done and the fair underway. I went about 6pm on Friday and they had a good turnout.

What you can't see from this vantage point...and since it's night, outside...is how spectacular the venue is. It's right on Victoria Harbor and has a view of the east  that is breathtaking. The books are high-end stuff with an Asian bent and the dealers seem happy to be there.

I'm okay about it. This is my 8th trip to Hong Kong and I think I've seen and done all the touristy things one can. What's nice about this year's fair is it's later so the Christmas decorations are up in the city. There are a lot of Catholics here as well as Buddhists, Baptists and Bahai.

My hotel in North Point isn't on a scale as the one I stayed at in Shueng Wan, but I'm finding it's a lot more convenient and there is access to a better selection of restaurants.

So here's a taste of Christmas in Hong Kong...and a link to a video showing the lights at their best...both taken from in front of the Hong Kong Maritime Museum, where the book fair is underway. 

No comments: