Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 3, 2018

Returning home...

Everything is back-assedwards so I haven't been posting. I've been working on finalizing Underground Guy, instead; I want it up and available this weekend, if possible.

I'm also having to deal with Tumbler suddenly deciding to go puritan and trash any websites with overt gay material on them. I've had posts flagged even though the new rules aren't supposed to go into effect till the 17th. Looks like the glory days of the internet are in the past. Now you have to please the masters or not be allowed to play in the fields of the overlords.

I guess I could work on Wordpress or start up another blog with the "18 and over only" disclaimer at the beginning. Blogger can still get freaky about nude men, be it photography or art, so not sure. I'll deal with it when I have my head back in order.

This trip to Hong Kong was okay, and it was good to see everyone was happy. The dealer I'm crushing on keeps getting better and better looking so that was nice, too...even though his wife was with him. I didn't do much sight-seeing; I wanted to get UG going and, to be honest, I've seen what I want to see here. This new area turned out to be more convenient in many ways, though the hotel isn't as nice as the one in Sheung Wan.

I do seem to be getting used to how things work here, and have ideas on where to go to find things I need. I located packing tape on a Sunday over near Western Market, for example. I've also found Stanley Market is going upscale. When I dropped in this time I found a Bed & Beyond and couple of chain retail outlets with mall-style shops while lots of smaller quirky businesses have been moved out. These are things you can find anywhere else in the city so why bother going to Stanley?

I did watch a movie being made on Stanley's promenade. A tracking shot of a blind man and his guide dog walking along, over and over, followed by a young man. No idea what the story is; no one would talk to me and they got huffy when the saw me trying to take a photo.
So...I snuck a couple. But if I got too close to the camera or actors, I got the waving hands and no-no-no talk. Then I had my requisite fish&chips at a place that wasn't the best but not inedible. Then came back to the book fair, checked on a couple of things, shot my nighttime images of the city and came back to the hotel to start writing.

Monday I had lunch at a Chinese restaurant with some people from the company we're using for the shipments here..and some of that was just plain nasty. But some was very tasty. I have no idea which is called what...just that they made an order of Dim Sum with BBQ pork and I could live on that.

Of course, in a pinch, there's always 5 Guys...if you don't mind the line...

No comments: