Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Workin' through it...

I'm threatening to come down with another cold, which is making it hard to concentrate on UG. I can go for a couple hours then start zoning and wanting to sleep. I know it's not the story doing that to me; I also feel it in my nose and back and everything. What perfect timing.

It's still my goal to get the book out in ebook form this weekend. I've got about 130 pages left to smooth over, then shifting it into the format is next. I've sort of started on that, but setting up the table of contents is a lot of work so we'll see how it goes.

I'm not sure if I want to go through the trouble of making up a new image for the cover, right now. I've thought of something that might make the artwork I commissioned work better, since it came out to light and gentle for the tone of the book...but we'll see how it goes on Saturday.

It's going to be interesting to get people's reactions to this story, considering my hero...well, anti-hero, really...starts out as a rapist and shifts into a true-hero...of a sort. He's still something of a bastard at the end, with his subtle knowledge he's basically recruited another straight guy onto his side of the aisle and plans to take it farther.

Can't be too nice about my assholes, can I?

No comments: