Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 17, 2018

Paperback of UG is coming soon...

The paperback edition of Underground Guy is 316 pages and just under 100,000 words.  Cost will be $12.95. It'll be in a 5x8 inch format and I'm thinking a darker cover than what I'm using for the ebook. Not sure yet, but I don't want to mislead anyone on it. It's a very brutal book. The ending got adjusted to where Devlin is not completely over his past...hell, not by a long shot.

This story really is raw, in many ways. I hope not too much so. I've heard from a couple of people Bobby Carapisi winds up that way...though one man actually said it's not a very deep book. Not sure what he wanted or expected. In fact, I'm not sure how I could have made the book deeper than it is. But it's something to keep in mind as I work on A Place of Safety -- finding ways to add to the depth of the story.

UG has a fair amount of rough sex in it, too...but it also gets pretty deep into Devlin's mind and emotional turmoil, I think. I guess I won't know how it comes across until people start reviewing it. If they do. Which makes me nervous. People tend to either love my work or hate it; it's very rare for me to get a middling kind of reaction. Good thing is, it's already selling in ebook.

Looks like another trip to the UK is in store, this time to Reading and probably straight from LAX. Then home via JFK...though I am wondering if it'd be easier to come back through Toronto, again, and just catch a bus home. I'll check into that once the trip is actually set. Right now it's only 98% sure.

I'll be in Anaheim for 2 days just after the first of the year...the opposite end of town from where my friends are. I'm still going to try and see some people, but I'm staying on East Coast time so can't go too late. I'm going to see if some of us can get together at a place like Real Food on La Cienega near the Beverly Center for dinner once of the nights.

Right now I'm zoning...so this is all, for the moment.

No comments: