Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 16, 2018

UG is definitely up as an ebook

I reread the notice from Smashwords about my upload not passing epub-check and realized it wasn't going to be fully available until the issue was repaired, so went in and reworked the Table of Contents and uploaded a new one...and that worked. It passed. So it's fine and is available in nearly a dozen formats, including Kindle.

I turned to working on the paperback file and Word decided to have fun with me. I was trying to work it so the header didn't show up at the top of the first page of each chapter...and thought I had it...but then Word went into meltdown and seemed to wipe out everything I had done. I freaked.

But...I had saved beforehand, so before careening into trash my computer mode  I shut it down and reopened the file...and there was only one issue that needed work. So it looks like the text of the book is set, too. All I need is the cover, then it's done. Underground Guy will be completed and will be my second original novel published this year.

I'm taking off a little while from writing before I get back onto A Place of Safety. Obviously I'm not going to meet my planned deadline, but it's immaterial. I now have the rest of my obligations out of the way...and I'm ready to see how I do with Brendan's story.

The positive thing about working on UG and slamming out Dair's Window for NaNoWriMo is it's built my confidence in my writing. I think UG holds together well, and events flow naturally...for a hot and heavy murder mystery-suspense tale. Apparently very hot, because just to announce it I was going to buy an ad on Facebook...and they refused. Facebook, one of the avaricious companies there is refused my money because the book is for adults.

The puritans have returned and we're the witches they want to burn.

No comments: