Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Leisurely Christmas Day...

I didn't leave my apartment. I spent much of the day in bed reading. Finished Home to Derry and figured out it's set between 1939 and 1945, though the war in Europe barely impacts the family...except as regards the American Naval base on the River Foyle. All nice and easy. Not even a mention of the time a German bomb hit part of Derry, killing fifteen people, in a spot not that far from where he grew up. Still a very nice informative read.

I started to do a bit of cleaning up on my laptop and somehow damn near erased everything on it. At least, everything I'd done in the last six months. Still not sure how I managed that, but fortunately it wound up in the trash and I was able to recover it. However, it's no longer sorted like I wanted...but that only matters regarding files I'd worked on in the last couple weeks. I'm anal and had saved everything on my laptop to an external hard drive back in mid-December.

Another good thing is, I had part 3 of A Place of Safety open in Word so that didn't vanish. I'd made some changes as I read through it that I did not want to lose. So now all I need to do is update a few files on my laptop and things will be back to where they were.

I've begun posting some of my art on Deviant Art, again. Just the faces I like to do and the covers of my books, but it's a nice replacement for Tumblr. They're still being freaks about adult content on their site -- flagging images that they agree, upon review, are actually NOT adult -- so I've logged off and am now pretty much ignoring them. I may open an Instagram account next, just to see what happens...but still thinking on that.

So that's been my day -- low-key (except for one moment of near heart-failure) and loving it.

No comments: