Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Had to face reality, today...

I had a dental appointment, this morning, at 11:20 so got up at 10am, still tired. I did the appointment, ran a couple of errands, came back to start in on my last polish of UG...and suddenly did a crash and burn and had to take a nap. I intended to just do the 20 minute thing, which is supposedly very refreshing. Instead, I went down for six hours...and woke up feeling good.

I guess jet lag caught up with me. This wasn't a good trip, physically; I was popping Imodium like candy and don't know why unless it was something in the second airline meal...which I couldn't eat, it was so nasty. Coming back, the food was even worse...but that's beside the point. I never was on top of myself in Hong Kong so I guess it finally caught up to me and even though brain said one thing, body overruled and that was that.

Still...I have gone through a fair amount of the story and found a few typos and made some minor changes for clarification. I also have a tendency to state the obvious and have been trying to weed out moments like that. All this for a book I'll be lucky to sell a thousand copies of.

However...I've found I don't care about the sales so long as someone's reading it. I price the books so I make very little off them...not even a dollar each. I don't want price to be a deterrent. Looks like UG will price out at $14.95 and that'll make me $.68 per book sold. I think that's why I'm releasing the ebook first -- it'll be priced at $1.95 and available to anyone over the age of 18.

I may do a Facebook ad just to get some notice going, since Tumblr is shutting down people like me and that was my main source of contact with like-minded people...male and female. It's surprising how many women like to read books about men brutalizing men. I put that in Dair's Window so should be fun to see what happens.

Now I'm ready to go back to sleep.

No comments: