Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

75%

Closing in on the newest draft. Number 9. Brendan is about to vanish from his aunt's house to let himself mend from a catastrophic situation. It seems every time he thinks his world is back on track, something happens to derail him...and this time it was brutal.

I was getting worried that the chapters leading up to this were bland and simplistic, but now see them as the calm before the storm. I guess I'll find out if that's the way of it or not. As a writer, I can never really evaluate my work. Sometimes I read it and I'm so fucking proud of me, I'm like a lion in the middle of his pride. Other times, I wonder if I'm just a superficial slug smearing himself across a semi-wet pavement and thinking it means something.

When I do the inputting of my corrections, this time, I'm going to do it on the PC. Word winds up looking completely different on that as opposed to what appears on my Mac. Same for Excel and emails and everything. Same programs, just not the same. Make it make sense.

When I get done with this draft, I'm taking my Mac in to the Apple Store to have the caps lock key reset. I hope. I'd hate to have to send it back to Mac for repair and not have access to it for a period of time. I've got Ps on here and my images to use for the cover of NWFO. It's under warrantee, so shouldn't cost me anything; it's the time I'm worried about. What's funny is, I rarely used the caps lock. Maybe I need to, more.

Still, I really do like this laptop a lot more than the previous one. It's got its quirks, but they all do.

No comments: