Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 7, 2024

I ate some sugar-free cookies, last night, and there was something in them that my body did not like. I wasn't just hitting the bathroom; I had cramps and gas and felt somewhat nauseous...which is a big deal for me because it's been decades since I last threw up. Wasn't able to get to sleep till after 4am, and even then I woke up every 2 hours to deal with some irritation.

It finally settled down about noon, today, when I had hot tea and buttered toast for lunch. But I'm never eating anything sugar-free again. Fruit juice as a sweetener is okay, as is honey. No syrup or high-fructose crap. I may even get some frozen fruit and make my own compotes or something.

I managed to fiddle around with APoS-NWFO's formatting, today, and it looks like the book with be about 340 pages in 6x9" format. I can live with that. I also printed out a hard copy, but in larger font and more spacing, so it was over 400 pages. 

I had to go out and get a new ink cartridge for my HP printer, so walked down to Target. It was a nice day for it, and it's a mile each way, which is good exercise for me. But damn, did that tire me out. I just nuked some Stouffer's lasagne for dinner and that's been fine.

As for HP...I'm ticked off. I had a backup black ink cartridge when I started printing. I finished up the one in the printer, replaced it with the new one...and only got 120 or so pages from it before it ran out. I'm doing this in draft mode so it uses half the ink. I'm of a mind to send it back to HP and complain. The one I got at Target is the XL model...and I'm leery of it having all that much ink in it. The last time I used an XL cartridge, it was a different size from the regular one. Not this time...even though it says on the cartridge that it's the extended one.

Anyway, I finished my printing and can do the red pen edit. But I'm exhausted, right now, and my back is killing me from weariness.

No comments: