Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 12, 2024

Red pen

Started my red pen edit of New World For Old and in the first hundred pages found one repetition and one inconsistency. A couple of typos and some moments where I could trim back a bit too much wordiness as well as a couple of spots where a bit of clarification helped.

If I can get it done and input by next Friday, I can send it off and ask for feedback to be returned no later than the end of June. That gives me a month to update it, format it into 6x9 size and send it to Ingram to prep. With it being so close, I'm starting to get antsy and wanting it done.

Once it's gone, I'll start in on the dust jacket. See what I can do about that. I'm still thinking making it a passport as the main art, open and folding around to the back of the book. We shall see.

I approved Curt in paperback and found it's already listed on Amazon, for pre-order. Not on B&N or Books a Million, yet. I've ordered a copy for myself, wanting to see how it prints up.

APoS-Derry is going to be on exhibit at the LA Times Festival of Books, which will be held at the University of Southern California in LA on April 20-21, 2024. If you're planning to come to the festival, here's what you need to know:

Booth Name: The Reading Glass Books
Booth Number: 959
Zone: Black
Contact Persons:
Lyn Goot, Kathy Pinero: (203) 871-8975
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

No comments: