Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Change of direction

I've decided to change the title of one of my books -- How to Rape a Straight Guy -- to Curt so I can offer it in print, again, instead of just ebook. I've come to the conclusion I'm being obtuse about the title. It's always been problematic but it worked well for the story, and I thought people were just being puritanical. Which they were.

After all, the book has been banned several times over since I published it in 2007. Now the only way anyone can read it is in an ebook. But there are a lot of readers who just won't deal with that. I, myself, prefer not to. I like the feel of a real book.

So...I'm digging through Shutterstock looking for more images to use for NWFO when I get led to a photographer's page that includes some amazing photos of men and women...and up pops one that all but screams Curt to me. He's the main character of HTRASG, and tells the story in first person...and it fits him so well, I dowloaded it and worked up this potential cover.

Of course, first I had to determine what size I'd do the book in. Then locate the file from the last update...the one that Ingram rejected. Then reformat it and get the cover template...and it turned out I had 2 ISBNs left from the ones I'd bought for APoS...and this is what I came up with. All today.

It just fell together, as if it's meant to. So I've uploaded it to Ingram and am waiting to see if they accept or reject it. If they say yes, I've got my first novel back out in paperback circulation. If they say no, I'll check a few other options to see how it goes.

But at least I'm still trying to honor my work, even my in your face queer erotica.

No comments: