Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Re-centering...

Well...the trips to the UK and to San Antonio have thrown my blood sugar readings completely out of whack, the last few weeks. I'm hitting 132 to 224 to 194 to 210, both before breakfast and 2 hours after dinner. When I want them to be under 130 in the morning and 180 at night.

I know that chili dog didn't help, but I needed it to be my emotional support food after getting this draft of APoS-HNH done. I guess I'll have to spend a week eating nothing but salads to regroup.

I do like the Fuji Apple salad at Panera. I just have them substitute deli turkey for its chicken. And I brought home lettuce and tomatoes for my own, along with some serious balsamic vinegar to mix with olive oil. I just don't wanna have to become a vegan. I like cheese and milk to damn much.

Okay...sensing a bit of my whine-ery attitude firing up...and I'm going to deflect some of it by reminding myself I finished another draft of the last volume of my big novel and I'm fucking proud of it. I think the ending I found works ten times better than the one I had. No matter what happens, now, I'll have honored Brendan's life as best I can.

And will make it even cleaner and more meaningful in this next pass.

No comments: