Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Closing in...

I worked up a preliminary idea of how APoS-HNH would work out in hardcover form, and should be 298-300 pages at $32.50, like the other two. That's a lot to pay for an unknown author, but if I charge less than that I'm paying for someone to buy it.

My official date for publication is December 24th, for both the physical copy and ebook...and it actually does look as if I will achieve that. Hard to believe. Sometimes I even surprise myself.

Then the beginning of the year I'll start shifting the set into paperback at a lower price. For that, I'll need to buy new ISBNs and prep new covers. 

I went ahead and sent it off to be edited and proofed and corrected. Because I have absolutely no idea if it works or what needs to be done to improve it. My hope is this will show me the light. Next is getting it copyrighted and applying for an LCCN.

Today, I celebrated by getting some groceries then having a chili-dog at Ted's, a local chain. They have onion rings that are like crack, totally addictive. This isn't my full celebration. For that, I'm planning a filet mignon dinner at a steak house like Russell's or even driving over to Toronto to dine at Ruth's Chris. I will fucking deserve it.

All of a sudden jobs are popping up for me to assist with. Philadelphia. Outside Washington DC (a monstrous one). San Francisco. Phoenix, if I understand it right. Lots of things to keep me busy and take me away from APoS...which might be a good thing.

No need to tinker before I've got feedback.

No comments: