Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 4, 2024

Change of plans, again...

Packing job got canceled after I arrived out here. For stupid reasons too -- who's providing insurance coverage for the shipment. When no decision could be made, the job was scrapped and I took the packing materials back to a warehouse to prep for returning them.

What that did was leave me with 12 hours till my flight to return to Buffalo. I spent a couple hours at an In-n-Out by LAX watching the jets land and take off. It's amazing how much fun that can be. And their #2 combo, animal style, it just plain lovely.

I also managed to have a couple of Jack in the Box tacos. What I did NOT get to do was figure out where to recharge the electric vehicle Avis gave me. It was a good little SUV, but I was down to 62 miles in range and Google maps kept taking me to private recharging stations that I could not access. So I turned it in, early, and have been at the airport since 3pm for an 11:30pm flight.

BUT...they got good wifi. And I was actually able to find an outlet that I was able to get to work, so I could recharge my phone. For some amazingly stupid reason, I'd left the cable for recharging my phone at home so had to buy a new one. Which I got at Target for $7. But it got a bit scary how low I got before I could juice up.

One big positive about this is I didn't work myself into a sweaty mess, packing those books and then shifting them into a container. That would have been awkward on an overnight flight.

I'm currently reading a book I'd downloaded...Madison Square Murders, a murder mystery with a couple of gay cop detectives set in NYC that's interesting. Sometimes the writer gets a bit too carried away in the telling of it, but so far it's interesting. I may well finish it before the flight boards. no telling.

But right now I need to pee and in this piss-ant terminal 5 at LAX the men's room is in a gully in between four overpriced restaurants.

No comments: