Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, October 14, 2024

96 degrees in the shade...

Outdoor wedding. Making sure I got some tree between me and that sun. Thinking an evening where it's only 85 is nice and pleasant. God, I do NOT miss Texas. But this is the venue, and now everyone's wed and I can go home, having done my duty.

I am happy I came. It was a nice wedding. The bride is sweet and it went off without any noticeable hitch; the venue's people made sure of that. I've never seen one run so well.

And, happily, the groom did not smash cake into the bride's face as a joke. I've always thought of that as the first step into becoming a controlling freak. I know of one bride who went out and got an annulment when the groom did that to her in direct contradiction to her expressed wishes.

I left about 7pm but did nothing on HNH because the heat wiped me out. Then tomorrow the family's meeting for lunch before I head for the airport, so won't get anything done till I'm on the plane. But that's fine. I'm on the downhill side of this book and feeling a lot more relaxed about it than I have been, all year.

Of course, it didn't hurt the DJ handling the event was gorgeous, even more-so when he was getting people into line-dancing to a particular song he'd put up.

No comments: