Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Re-doing my travel redo...

I'm flying Southwest to San Antonio, and anytime there's a weather event their system all but collapses. I do NOT want to be stuck at an airport anywhere trying to get a flight to my nephew's wedding. So, my brain caught up to my needs and I shifted my flight to Saturday, the day before the wedding.

I also upgraded myself to Business Class so I can get on first. And have a drink. Which I think I'll need. Then I rebooked my rental car and hotel, as well as canceling two others. All on points so I'm not losing any money and doing it within the proper timeframe. But now I feel a lot better about the journey.

I'll only be in SA Saturday night, Sunday, and Monday till 3pm, but hell...I don't like being in Texas, anyway. And it's going to be in the 90s, according to the forecast. Buffalo's down to the low 70s, now.

It saves me on expenses like parking and food, and gas and stuff, and I'll see everybody at the wedding, so this feels a lot better. I may be crying another tune, come Saturday, but until then...I'm kickin' it.

What's even better? I get a full 5 days to work on HNH...and I'm currently about halfway through this draft. I'm nearing the end of the hardest part. I have a conversation I need to write between Brendan and Father Jack while driving to The Maze prison to see Eamonn Kinsella, and that will be a beast, but after that, things shift into an easier mode...an area I'm already pretty comfortable with as written. Some detail work...but not a huge amount.

I may actually get this book done, this year. Not bragging, yet; just seeing light at the end of the tunnel, for a change.

No comments: