Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, October 13, 2024

In SA

I dunno what's happened, but San Antonio is making me unhappy, food-wise. I went to a Taco Cabana and they couldn't serve me because their system was down. So I hit a Jack In The Box for a couple tacos...and they were out of lettuce. I wound up meeting my sister and brother at another Taco Cabana up San Pedro and had my fix of enchiladas, rice and beans...which were only okay...but it was late, and I was hungry.

And I need to remember that San Antonio drivers don't believe in road rules. No blinkers. I'm in a right lane and want to turn left so I'll cut in front of you at half the posted speed limit and won't give you any warning. And those white line dividers are there to aim your car along, thus using both lanes.

Good thing is, my flights were nice and I got a lot of formatting done on HNH. I have 34 chapters in it. I also ran Microsoft's editor over it for spelling, grammar and concise wording. Flying home, I'll set up the chapter links to the table of contents and then I'll go back through it all to see if it makes any sense and how often I repeat myself. Then it's off for editing and proofing.

I worked out my ending to where I believe it will carry the kick I want, even though it's quiet. Almost gentle. Of course, I may be fooling myself. I've done that before, which is why I'm wary of being too certain of what I've written. We'll have to see how it works for readers.

I will admit, it's hard for me to keep from getting carried away with joy at how close I am to the finish of this full novel. Needless to say, Brendan is just as pleased to nearly be done with me. We've had a rough relationship...almost like living, breathing brothers...and I'm sure he'll be as happy as I am once it's completed and we both can relax.

And I can figure out what to do next...

No comments: