Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Work, work, work

Busy with another short script for an advertising company so can't do much chat except to say...I LOVE writing scripts. Even when I hate it. Even when I disparage it. And I do that a lot. But the fact is, this is my method of writing, even when I'm writing a novel. Very fast, visual and intense (at least, I think so).

I create in audio and visuals, and write in the same. Trying to be logical in my thinking processes has never really worked for me...as I'm finding out in my current job. It requires extreme attention to detail and multiple layers of thought going on at one time, all from one side of the brain, whereas my writing shoots all over the place and comes back to one point in ways I cannot explain...except by osmosis.

I hear a song and it becomes part of my story. I see people on the street and they become part of my story. I hear of things that happened to others and it becomes part of my story. Over and over this occurs in my existence, even while writing narrative fiction...and even though I can't really add much of it in except intellectually.

I'm a cat trying to make myself into a monkey. It ain't gonna work.

No comments: