Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Bloody Sunday is set...

I did a rewrite of what I'd rewritten in my rewrite of this draft of APoS regarding Brendan being in the middle of Bloody Sunday, in Derry. From where he winds up to hide from the British bullets, he sees several of the young men shot and killed, but not all. I had to be careful about that. He was already thinking of leaving Derry. Now he's making definite plans.

I also emphasized this is the point where the antipathy between Brendan and his mother explodes into near hostility. She's all for taking up arms and fighting back, like Brendan's older brother, Eamonn, is doing, while Brendan knows history too well to think this will work out. He'd move, but he has nowhere else to live except on the street, so he spends more and more time at the auto repair shop he works for.

I'm not doing another draft of this section, but moving on to the last two chapters. If it goes well, I may be done this weekend. Then I can finish Carli's Kills.

It ain't easy multi-tasking...

No comments: