Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, November 26, 2021

Here I go again...

I'll probably make the 50,000 word threshold for NaNoWriMo's challenge, this year, but Carli's Kills is going to be longer. Not sure what to do about that, because my plan was to start back in on APoS, December 1st. But I hate to leave something unfinished, like this...and I will be close to the end of a real first draft.

That's mainly because the story has taken on a life of its own, now. I've had two occasions where I'm following along with the original script and padding it out in narrative form...and suddenly I have to dump hours worth of work because it's taken off in a whole new direction. Changes make themselves into plot points and the whole Carli-Zeke dynamic is growing scarier, to me. She's fluctuating between wanting to love him and wanting to kill him.

But Loki is still standing guard. And he doesn't trust anybody with his guy...so maybe things will work out.

I think I know how it ends, and right now I hate it, but so far the story is leading to that. Wants that. Demands it. So I'm going to make it as gut-wrenching as possible. Meaning I'm probably killing it as a fun little read for summer. No simple erotica here for women to dream about.

But you do what the story wants or it comes out like crap, so...

No comments: