Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Still working on CK

I think I'm about 80% done with Carli's Kills, and I'm keeping at it till the end. Right now I'm up to 52,290 words, and I know when I do the next draft I'll be adding more, so this will be a decent enough short novel.

Don't know how it will work out, once I get down to honing it, because right now it's all over the place in style. Starts in black humor, slips into a seduction that becomes horror, digs deeper into Carli's and Zeke's characters like a dramatic study, then becomes suspense, then action, then drama, then suspense, again...and I've now finished my first full-scale bit of M/F erotica. After this is straight suspense/thriller stuff.

Carli questions Chase, one of the gang's dealers, and she's beginning to see what she thought had happened with Lara isn't necessarily so. Dax knew what he was doing, setting the girl up, but the men she killed probably did not. This is where I finally describe the rape, in full. It was pretty tough and vicious, so I broke it into two parts...some presented as background, some where Chase tells Carli about it. So this is where she decides to bring Dax down, legally, instead of just kill him...then goes to find Zeke.

He's got a target set up behind his trailer and lets Carli shoot his M16. Then she comes on to him, gets him going, drags him into his trailer, all but throws him on the bed and has at him...almost like she's raping him. Difference is, he's neither drugged nor unwilling. It gets pretty raw, and I think I'm going to polish it up to where it's sexy, not lewd. Then she and Zeke share secrets...and it looks like they're connecting.

Thing is, while he's open and honest with her, she's lying to him about why she's in town. And her plan to get Dax busted for drugs does not work out, so all hell is going to break loose.

With Zeke is the one most in danger.

No comments: