Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Busy day...

Had to go into the office for a bit, and we all went to lunch, then had errands and such to run that took me till late, so I'm getting back onto APoS, tomorrow. I already have notes on my printed copy of the Bloody Sunday chapter, and need to increase the meaning of the break between Brendan and his mother after the slaughter. That will carry over into the next two chapters...and once those are done, I will have a full draft rewritten.

I honestly cannot believe I'm this close to done.

So instead, after dinner, I wrote a scene out of order, for Carli's Kills. After Carli's committed another murder, she senses Zeke could be an anchor for her. He thinks she's suffering from PTSD and offers to take her on a ride, on his Harley. She's hesitant because she's still not 100% sure about him, but agrees...and it becomes a near sensual experience for her.

Carli's always been open to hitting the bed with a guy, but usually just to scratch an itch, as she puts it. The last man she actually enjoyed being with was an Aussie who was instructing her in Aikido. She felt he was worthy of her, but then he packed up and moved back to Brisbane. Now she's on the back of Zeke's bike, holding him around the waist, and felling the need for another man she can be with.

The darkness of the passing landscape. The black velvet of the night sky clustered with glistening stars. The wind whispering over her. From this point forward, she kills no one. Just gathers information...and realizes how far into madness she had descended.

But I'm also keeping the suspense, because slotted into her belt is a single-edge razor blade she used against the three men she's killed, so far. And she could use it on Zeke at any moment.

Especially once she learns he was there the night her daughter was raped.

No comments: