Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Draft 3 is done...


I finished draft 3 of APoS, and I decided to add the to be continued bit to make sure people will know the story does not end here. So far, it's 524 pages in Courier 12 point, double-spaced. 119,690 words. And I am emotionally exhausted. I always knew this story would be draining, and it has lived up to my expectations.

I'm still nervous about actually capturing the essence of Derry's society, at the time. How they spoke and acted with each other. Now that the story's set, I can concentrate on making that better. I have a few memoirs from the area to read through in more detail. We'll see how it goes.

I'm taking tomorrow off from writing, then I'll dig into CK on Monday. I have a lot left to do in that book, but it's going to be nice and light and fun, in comparison. A woman using men like sex objects. I know straight guys dream of this, but not in the way she does it. I don't think...

Not being a straight guy, I'm not sure.

I mean, I've got one scene where she ties a college guy to a chair, naked, and toys with him for information. He's the one who reveals Zeke was there when her daughter was raped, but it looks like he didn't know what was going on. I don't know how I'll handle that, yet. Zeke's not a goody-two-shoes, but neither is he a villain. He's a guy who is just...there...with no-place else to go. Almost tragic, really.

No comments: