Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, November 1, 2021

Probably a mistake...

I read through the last 5 chapters of APoS...and probably shouldn't have. They seem flat and shallow and uninteresting and need a complete overhaul. They aren't bad; they just aren't there, yet. And I'm not sure what to do to get them to the point they work for me.

Part of the issue might be me being tired and cranky. I packed 90 bankers boxes of books and will do another 30 or so, tomorrow. Part of the process with this job is dealing with an elderly man who hasn't decided, completely, what he is and isn't sending. So it's nonstop reworking of what's going and from what part of the house. I hate being nice all day.

So I might return to the hotel, tomorrow, and take a nap and see if that puts me in a better frame of mind.

I started writing Carli's Kills, as well. Just 1400 or so words, but a beginning. I'm opening it with a sex scene between Stasi, a spoiled young woman, and her married lover in her 24th floor condo on the Wilshire Corridor in LA. A high-end area of LA that charges you to breathe the air. She's the bitch who set Carli's daughter up to be raped because a man she was interested in was interested in Carli's daughter. No one comes between Stasi and a man she wants, kind of thing.

It's also her way of paying off a drug debt. Kill two problems with one actions. So she winds up being thrown off her balcony to fall to her death, naked. If I'm going for erotica, this might be on the horror side...but we'll see how it goes.

Sex = death...how original...

No comments: