Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, September 12, 2022

I'm a cat...

So...I sat down this morning to start inputting the changed to APoS from my red pen edit...but my inner feline pushed that right off the shelf and I wound up doing 2600 words on Blood Angel, instead, Book 2. No idea what I was doing with it; it just came out.

It's the 15th Century and Stephane, the youngest of the vampires in age when he was turned, is in Venice seeing off a shipment of goods for the lads when he's kidnapped by a couple of priests and taken to a seminary to be brutalized.

What they don't understand is, he can't be. He's a vampire. But he plays along. Finds he's not the first person they've done this to. Helps the victim he's meant to replace escape being killed, and learns he rather likes having a moral center.

The man he saves is Hebrew, as he puts it, with a wife and children in Bologna, and Stephane is pleased with himself for sticking with Léonidès' commands against turning someone without permission. He also gets some good merchants' advice to pass along to Loronce, who's helping build their business in Normandy.

This just fell together as I wrote. 11 pages. And I kept telling myself, soon as I reach a good stopping point, I'll shift over to APoS...but I never did. And when I was done, i was done writing for the day.

I found out an old friend died, back in LA, and was cremated. Her ashes were handed over to The Neptune Society to be worked into an urn or brick to set into the ocean, so coral has a place to build upon. I've been thinking of doing that, myself, but there's no office for them, up here, to ask about it and when I try ti find information online I'm directed to a local funeral home. Guess I'll have to do it that way. I'm getting up there in age and don't want to just get plopped in the ground, once I'm dead.

Morbid thought...but...

No comments: