Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Secondary front on HTRASG

My blog on Tumblr has been disabled. Possibly destroyed. They claimed I put male nudity and sexual acts on it, which I haven't, and just shot it down without a word to me, first. Looks like the assholes complaining about my Blaze post convinced them to do it. I'm appealing the decision, but I have a nasty feeling it's all gone and with it many contacts with artists and other writers. Not sure what to do about that, especially since their main address is a box in a UPS Store.

Still no word from Ingram regarding my questions, so I'm popping another letter off to the CEO. I know I wouldn't be having any issues with them were I a big, successful publisher using them. It's kind of irritating that they're just blowing me off, assuming I'll go away.

Still...HTRASG will have been in publication for 15 years, come November. Maybe it's run its course, anyway. Maybe I should just focus on my new work and let the rest take care of themselves. I've been self-publishing for 10 years and I'm hardly in the best-seller range. Plus there are people claiming they wrote a 150 page book in 10 days and it's making them $15,000 a month, when I haven't made that much from all my books put together, from day one. Not sure I believe them but it doesn't help my mood.

I pushed my anger and energy into polishing up what I did on BA, Book 2, yesterday. It's now up over 4100 words. Had Luahl, one of the Oyim (the original Blood Angels) appear to assist Stephane with an issue, and have him pass a message along to Léonidès in a way that cannot be tracked back to them. I think it will have to do with Gabrielle, Leon's sister, making too many vampires to build up her retinue...but we'll see. I ended the chapter at that point.

God, I'm tired of the bullshit.

No comments: